We were tagged by our blogging buddy Tamara at Mommy’s Getaway Blog for the “10 Things I Love About My Life” meme.
Since there are three of us, we’ll each take three, but #1 will be our combo “thing we love”!
1. We love working together everyday. This isn’t a cliche – it’s absolutely true. Amid the exciting chaos of a 2 1/2 year old, a 1 1/2 year old and a 7 week old, two giant-but-adorable doggies, the need to constantly brew coffee, the occasional electrician/plumber/contractor who has some immediate concern, and a husband or two who occasionally want home-cooked dinners, we get our work done, have a lot of laughs, and truly savor every moment.
2. Audrey: I love my three children. Words can’t describe the unconditional love I feel for them.
3. Sharon: I love the sounds of my grandchildren saying, “Hi Grandma!” or, “Hi Gama!” or whatever first syllable they utter that I know means me! It’s better than anything an iPod can give me!
4. Jane: I love going to bed at night with my family snuggling in bed with me – my husband to one side of me, my dog Bismarck on the other side of me (snoring!), and my dog Ryder at my feet, her head nestled on my legs.
5: Sharon: I love gardening. I love planting, I love getting my hands dirty, I love the smell of the earth, I love the fruits of my labor. It’s almost like raising children or writing – you take a seed and watch it grow.
6. Audrey: I love warm, sunny days… sitting on a pool deck watching my kids splash and play in the water.
7. Jane: I love the sun coming through the clouds after it rains… the way the rays peek through a few at a time, until the clouds part and expose the blue sky, drying the rain.
8. Sharon: I love opening my eyes each morning, kissing my husband and then looking out my bedroom window to the thriving little New England town where I live. I love the sounds of the milk deliveries, the weather (whether it’s the whistling wind, the howling snow or sizzling sun), I love seeing people, pets and the “aliveness” of everything around me. I love each new day for the opportunities it brings me to love and be loved.
9. Audrey: I love the sound of my front door opening, letting me know my husband is home from work – or just from being out!
10. Jane: I love my neighbors. I am so grateful for their kindness and generosity. It’s just so nice to have smiling faces waving to you as you come and go, sharing house tips and tools, offering to help out with anything. They are wonderful.