A la David Letterman, in no real particular order, here’s my list of the top 27 things about my 27th birthday:
27. Since it was on a Sunday, I was able to have an entire weekend birthday celebration!
26. Watching the Boston College football team lose to Florida State (Steve went to Boston University and therefore revels in BC sports losing any game… and as a good wife, so do I).
25. Watching the Patriots continue their undefeated season by beating the Colts 24-20.
24. Spending the night in Boston with Steve.
23. Getting an “extra” hour of sleep due to Daylight Savings.
22. Hearing the choruses of “Happy Birthday” from my nieces and nephews on my voicemail.
21. Waking up to a gorgeous, sunny day on Sunday for my birthday after Hurricane Noel brought some nasty wind and rain on Saturday.
20. Four words: Carvel Ice Cream Cake.
19. Getting new hardware for my kitchen cabinets from Restoration Hardware.
18. A birthday promise from Dad to put the new hardware on my cabinets (because Steve isn’t exactly Bob Vila).
17. The emails/comments/cards from friends wishing me a Happy Birthday!
16. Mom’s homemade lasagna for dinner.
15. Getting a digital camera from Steve – I finally don’t have to rely on my cell phone for pictures.
14. The beautiful bouquet of sunflowers (my favorite flower and my sign from Bizzy) from my Daddy.
13. Going for a long walk to the park with the pups, Steve and my parents and watching Rydie so happily play fetch (Seth just likes to sit down and watch her play)!
12. My beautiful new Louis Vuitton handbag from Mom and Dad.
11. Driving down Rt. 95 on the way home from Boston and seeing the lovely colors of fall surrounding us on the trees.
10. Kicking off my birthday weekend at my favorite Thai restaurant.
9. Getting tickets to see Cyrano de Bergerac on Broadway.
8. Seeing my bouquet of pink balloons from my parents (a family tradition since childhood).
7. The 10 Cherry Coke Zeros and 10 Nutz Over Chocolate Luna Bars from Audrey’s boys.
6. Steve’s surprise chocolate cake for me on Friday night after dinner.
5. A big homemade salad with my favorite salad dressing (Lily’s Northern Italian, for those of you keeping score at home) before the lasagna.
4. The birthday tradition phone call from my mother-in-law, singing her special Happy Birthday song.
3. The wagging tails and special kisses I got from Rydie and Seth after arriving home from Boston.
2. Unexpectedly bumping into my brother, sister-in-law and niece and nephew at Whole Foods.
1. The beautiful, New England November evening that capped off my entire birthday weekend.