I’m 30 weeks pregnant. That’s right, 10 weeks to go.
Actually only 8 1/2 weeks to go since I am having a planned c-section a week and a half early.
Apparently having a baby every year for 4 years in a row has wreaked a little havoc on my (shall we just say) “down there.”
So as I’m ringing in these last weeks… I’m beginning to crave some things from my “old” self.
Here’s the list:
(1) Coors Light. 2 of them. Or 3, 4, 5, 6…
(2) Sushi. Ahh… sushi. Tuna rolls, spider rolls or ANY special from Ruby Foo’s in NYC.
(3) Swordfish. Lobster. Tuna. After all, I do live in RI, the Ocean State!
(4) FULL COLOR BLONDE DYE JOB. You know, to match my sons.
(5) Margaritas. On the rocks, with salt.
(6) Running. Hard running.
(7) Swimming. Like actually being on a Master’s Team swimming.
(8 ) Spray Tans. Oh yes, no sun for me… spray me up, baby!
(9) My clothes. Oh, my clothes that I spent so much money on while living in NYC. You haven’t been touched… or some of you even de-tagged! I will be seeing you soon.
(10) Heels. My 4 inch heels. All sitting in my closet in a perfect row.
(11) Sledding. Ice skating. And skiing.
(12) Bikinis. ‘Cuz this mama ain’t wearing a bikini 8 months pregnant!
So here’s my 12.
And let me just say… being pregnant William, Alexander, Benjamin and now Henry has been a blessing, a privilege and a joy beyond joy. There is nothing that I wouldn’t do for my boys. There is nothing I would not give up. Nothing.
But I’m ready for these boys to see another side of who their “mama” is!
And yes, for all those family members who keep asking me… I haven’t been daunted yet by pregnancy and will do this at the very least – one more time.
We’re just going to put a few years between Henry and that baby-to-be! (Wink! Wink!)
And honey… Number 13, well… that’s between you and me!
So mamas (or mamas-to-be) out there, what are some of yours? When you were pregnant or while you are pregnant… what do you miss?