Here is my list of 10 Reasons You Know You’re Ready-to-Go!
1. Everyone who crosses my path – family, friends and strangers alike – all say the same thing, “The baby’s still in there, huh? You’re carrying so low!”
2. With the heat wave on the east coast… I am now sweating in places I didn’t know it was possible to sweat from!
3. None of my maternity pants fit anymore. I’m down to dresses and skirts.
4. The hospital called to confirm Tuesday. (Oh yes, the 17th has been marked on my calendar since THANKSGIVING!)
5. I heard my husband tell his boss on the phone yesterday, “Audrey just looks like she could go at any minute.” (I don’t know what the “look” is… but it is.)
6. This past Tuesday, my doctor asked me what kind of contraception I plan to use after the baby is born. Yes… contraception. I’m just thinking about having my baby. Nothing more.
7. I actually packed my bag for the hospital. You know – just in case I go early.
8. My husband has taught my parents how to turn on and maneuver XBOX and Wii. Not for them, but for my boys… while we’re at the hospital.
9. My 2 oldest guys are asking me every night, “Is Henry coming tomorrow?”
10. The fridge has been stocked with Coor’s Light for the homecoming. (Thank you, honey.)
* 1 Reason we still may NOT be ready… the bassinet, clothes and bedding are still up in the attic. And I haven’t gotten my butt to Target yet for the infant diapers, bottles, binkies and new blankies. Note to self – GO TONIGHT!*